At Bristol some years ago
How can I sum up everything that this massive event is, in just a few lines? I'm going to try! The Bristol festival is
- two days of non-stop wind-driven flying, art, and culture, both air based and ground based
- a partnership between the festival and the Bristol Children's Hospital charity
- a forum for international goodwill, showcasing the world's best in kiting
- a platform for breaking world kiting records, such as "the largest kite to fly"
- an excuse for any member of the public to go out and fly their favorite kite as part of the festival
Having existed for more than 20 years, each year tends to have
some of the same main features as the year before. But I'm sure the organizers
try to get hold of something new and even rather special each time!
I can feel another list coming on... Here it is, a summary of some great
things that were planned for what happened yesterday and the day
before! Yes, after finally getting around to writing the first draft of
this page about the 2007 festival, I discovered that it all happened
last weekend :-/ On the opposite side of the planet, it was... I'm in Adelaide,
South Australia, you see:
On that last point, did it actually fly? Hopefully it did, at some stage over the two days. It can't handle strong gusty wind.