Making An Indian Fighter Kite
by Aemun Syed
I would like to make the kind of kites flown in India and Pakistan. Can you please provide instructions on making an Indian fighter kite?
I have never personally made or flown a Fighter kite of any type, but there is excellent information available on this topic at the following website...
Here's how to access some detailed info on making traditional-style fighter kites. Even if you have a slow Internet connection, persist with watching these videos, perhaps taking notes so you have it all on paper for later. The info is well-presented, by people who have much passion for and experience in making and flying these kinds of kites.
Unfortunately, there is no series of videos that take you through making an Indian fighter kite completely 'from scratch'. Other types yes, but not the Patang itself!
However, there is a series of videos which show an off-the-shelf Indian fighter close-up, and with plenty of detail about what goes into it's construction. Making and adjusting the bridle is shown in detail. You just don't see the whole kite taking shape bit by bit....
- Go to www.fighterkitecentral.com on the Web
- Over on the left, click on MAKING TRADITIONAL FIGHTER KITES
- At the top-left of the page which comes up, click on Detailed Building Info
- Scroll down until you find Part 1 of 4. Indian traditional bamboo and paper fighter kites... and click on it.
- Watch all 4 videos in sequence. The last one contains some important information on the small tail section of the kite, and where you can cheaply buy authentic Indian fighter kites.
Now, if you are happy to try any
fighter kite, there is plenty
of good info in the other videos on the same page. One way or another, you should be able to use this resource to build a working fighter. Even if you end up designing your own!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to About Kites.
May 26, 16 09:08 AM
Just to say thanks again for providing these instructions. I made the roller kite - as well as a mini diamond, 2-skewer dopero and 1 skewer delta! I really